Defenition of lifting equipment
Lifting equipment is the common name for all types of machinery & equipment that are capable of lifting and moving heavy objects from one position to another. They are responsible for replacing human strength to lift and move goods. These devices are widely used, especially in many industries. In addition to their main abilities, they bring high labor productivity and are also safe at work.
Common lifting equipment
Today in the industry, agriculture, and fishery we’ve come across many different types of lifting equipment and they have different functions, tasks and they also work in different ways. But these lifting machines all have the main task of lifting or moving heavy objects from one position to another without using human strength. It is most common in industries such as building construction, harbors, warehouses, mechanical factories, or in areas where cargo is frequently handled. Here is a list of lifting equipment that you might see frequently: types of cranes, cranes, pavers, electric winches, industrial equipment, other types of lifting equipment. Manual lifting devices are also avalable but have become less common nowaday due to the lack of working efficiency. Let’s dive into their applications in each industry!
-In construction: The contribution of lifting equipment in the construction industry (also known as construction equipment) is large, if not without them, it is impossible to complete the construction works. For example, to build a skyscraper, it is crucial to use a lot of lifting equipment such as chain cranes, tire cranes, tower cranes, hoists … and multiple other types of equipment to lift and transport materials and constructional machinery. Without them, human strength simply wouldn’t be able to do all those things.
– Each step in the construction of a project requires lifting equipment to serve in each of those phases. Construction of works requires foundation constructing, rough construction, and equipment dismantling then finishing. In the foundation part, there must be excavators and excavators to dig the foundation pit. Until the construction finishes, it is crucial to have cranes ready for the construction of formwork, construction of reinforcement, and pouring concrete. In bridge construction, there is an important part of the traffic bridge for us to step on, that is the bridge girder installation.That part can be quite dangerous because even if a small mistake happens, the consequences would be very unpredictable. Why? Because it takes a lot of time, effort, and money to cast a beam. Plus, the bridge girder is the main bearing component for the bridge to ensure the safety of traffic participants, so if the bridge beam isn’t installed properly during construction, it’d cause extremely serious consequences.So what is the proper way to install the bridge girder? We use the device to lift and move the beam to the installation position, then lower the beam to the position on the pier as designed.That’s why the role of lifting equipment in the bridge girder installation is extremely important. The main devices used in the construction of bridge girders are the gate crane, crane, tire crane, chain crane, and tower crane,…
– In civil construction, especially for projects in undeveloped places such as small provinces and mountainous areas, the construction is still very rudimentary and mainly uses human strength. Because there are no modern machines, no advanced scientific technology, the construction is mainly using human strength and simple machinery equipment. That is why we often encounter simple equipment such as steering wheel, electric winch, or old homemade electric winch. But despite not being modern devices, they’ve helped the workers to reduce labor loss and work efficiency is higher. Imagine a person keeps pounding each brick, carrying bags of cement/sand from the ground to different floors. Not only time-wasting but also would be very exhausting, right? When there is an electric winch, it will solve all those things, both safe and much more productive.
– In the ports: Speaking of the harbors, not only the place to focus on transporting passengers to neighboring areas, but it is also a place to gather, unload, and exchange goods between cities/countries. Not to mention, the waterway industry plays an important role in the economic development of the country. Therefore, to serve the exchange and trade of goods at the terminals, the lifting equipment is indispensable. The continuous flow of goods leads to a very high frequency of work and only lifting equipment such as gate cranes, cranes, or other types of cranes and forklifts can accommodate that frequency of labor.
– Likewise, it is the same in the dockyard factories.To increase labor productivity as well as create safety at work, it is impossible not to have lifting equipment for the job.
Using lifting equipment:
Understanding the importance of such lifting equipment, we must focus on how the lifting equipment operates. Right from the stage of choosing products to the distributors, then the transportation, installation to operation, and use, all stages must be carefully executed. There must be some certain procedures for each stage and the implementation must be followed closely.
– Choosing products: The decision to buy products, of which the company must be carefully considered. Depending on the purposes and needs of the user that you can find and choose suitable products. But you should note that there are many different product lines on the market today with different mechanical equipment manufacturers, so you should put more consideration into choosing before deciding. Don’t be cheap and buy poor quality products, which will cause serious consequences that you can’t control. So you should do your research carefully before buying because this stage will determine the next ones.
– Next is the stage of transportation and installation: Depending on the type of lifting equipment, the transport of equipment and installation will be different. For example, the transportation and installation of cranes or other types of cranes will be more complicated, so it is necessary to have a detailed route and specialized equipment to transport. After dispatching to the installation site, the installation stage will be crucial. There are things to be cautious of when installing large types of lifting equipment like lifting equipment, before being installed, must be tested carefully with the lifting equipment testing procedures at certified testing agencies.
– During the construction and assembling process, it is necessary to follow the design, check every detail, each screw bolt, and weld to ensure that the equipment is properly installed and safe to use. After the installation is completed, it is mandatory to test the load to check on the working of lifting equipment.
– Exploitation, operation, and usage: Firstly, the operator must be well-trained in lifting equipment safety techniques and have a license to operate the lifting equipment. Those who don’t have an operating license won’t be able to use the device as it could be very dangerous. When using lifting equipment, they must use their correct functions and never go for other usabilities, such as using cranes to carry people (it’s considered an extremely taboo in construction). Besides, it should be known that it is not allowed to lift and unload goods with a load larger than the allowable load given by the manufacturer.
Mentioned above are the issues of lifting equipment that Tan Khanh JSC wants to convey to you. We hope you will have a better understanding when it comes to choosing and using lifting equipment. Our unit is also one of the reputable suppliers of lifting equipment such as cranes, gate cranes, electric winches, pavers in the country. With many years of experience and a team of good staff will be sure to deliver pure satisfaction to you.
Tan Khanh Structural Steel and Construction Joint Stock Company Address: Highway 3, 2 Pham Van Dong str, Pho Yen town, Thai Nguyen province
Phone number: 0842.805.222